Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Santander, Liloan, Cebu stop

Santander, Liloan, Cebu is your stop over going to Dumaguete City. 

If you travel by bus from Cebu it would take 3-4 hours (depends on how many stops your bus has to take but usually 3 hours). Its about 135km or 83 miles from Cebu City. The South Bus terminal in Cebu is located at N. Bacalso Avenue. You just mention to the taxi driver South Bus Terminal and you should get there fine. You have two options going to Dumaguete City by bus. There is a bus with the sign Bato, Oslob who makes a stop over at Santander, Liloan port or the Dumaguete City that you can ride the bus at the wharf/ferry through the whole trip. 

Fare: 

Cebu City to Santander, Liloan, Cebu = Php 169.00
Cebu City to Dumaguete City (non stop, all inclusive with the wharf fare) about Php250.00


Here's a brief introduction of Santander, Liloan, Cebu:

Santander is a 5th class municipality in the province of Cebu, Philippines. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 16,105 people.

Santander is the southernmost municipality of Cebu. It is the location of a sea ports that connect to Negros Oriental. Fast craft boats ferry passengers to Sibulan, Negros Oriental, with trips taking 20 minutes. Roll-on roll-off barges travel to Amlan, Negros Oriental, with trips taking 1 hour. It is known for its Tostados Festival.

Barangays

Santander is administratively subdivided into 10 barangays:
Bunlan
Cabutongan
Kandamiang
Liloan
Lip-tong
Looc
Pasil
Poblacion
Canlumacad
Talisay



So I chose the bus Bato, Oslob because I like the stop over at the Santander port. 

Wharf fare as of April 2012.

Regular/Full:          Php50  + wharf fee: 10 + municipal fee: 2  = Php62.00
Student:                  Php43  + wharf fee: 10 + municipal fee: 2  = Php55.00
Senior Citizen:        Php40 + 10 + 2 = Php52.00
3-9 years old:         Php25.00

Total (Regular/Full fare)
Bus +Wharf:           Php169.00 + 62.00 = Php231.00

I like taking the Santander wharf because the stop gives me time to eat my first meal of the day or take some comfort break. The port is small and clean. Food is clean and tastes like home cooked meal which I love. When I have plenty of time to spare before the wharf signals boarding I get out of the port and just take a walk around. Oh, there’s nothing like a fresh air breeze and blue clear waters! Its eye-candy! I travel alone most of the time, sometimes I have to remind myself to suppress my smile because the locals very much know who the tourist are or for the awkward reason that they might see me talking to myself! XD I carry a lot of bags for work so that’s a giveaway. Haha! There are inns, hotels and diving resorts nearby like a 2-5 minute walk. I can only imagine how it is because you can actually see a school of small fish when you look down at the water! What if you go further?! I’m fond of snorkeling even if I don’t know how to swim. (I know! I know! I’ll get on that someday, I promise!).


So I do have a blog on how I did my travel on talesofmylittlefeet.blogspot.com how I went there. I decided to make a separate one because I think it's underrated of how beautiful the beaches of this place is!


Here are the pics of the ferry port.

Bus stops here to load and unload passengers.

Terminal Information.

Santander Ferry.




I took these pictures on different dates because I go to Dumaguete City once or twice in a quarter.

If you want to read about my stop over there click this link: 


I will be posting pictures that I took from the surrounding areas of the port. 
I hope this is helpful enough for those who plan to travel going to Santander, Liloan, Cebu or going to Dumaguete City or Negros Oriental.
Send me a message if you have any questions. I'd be glad to be able to help.







No comments:

Post a Comment